Our business model
Creating sustainable value
We create value through the short-term rental of equipment that is used for a wide variety of applications to a diverse customer base. Our rental fleet ranges from small hand-held tools to the largest construction equipment and is available through a network of stores in the US, Canada and the UK.
WHAT WE DO
We have a platform which enables our customers to rent what they want, when they want and where they want with ease.Purchase
We buy a broad range of equipment from leading manufacturers, we rent it on a short-term basis to a broad range of customers and then sell the old equipment in the second-hand market.Rent
We rent it on a short-term basis to a broad range of customers.Sell
We sell the old equipment in the second-hand market.
HOW WE DO IT
MANAGING THE CYCLE
- Planning ahead
- Careful balance sheet management
- Adapting our fleet and cost position
- Taking advantage of opportunities
DIFFERENTIATING THE FLEET
- Broad fleet mix
- Highly responsive (no job too small)
- Scale to meet size and range of requirement
ENSURING OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Optimal fleet age
- Nationwide networks in US and UK
- Long-term partnerships with leading equipment manufacturers
- Focused, service-driven approach
- Strong customer relationships
- Industry-leading application of technology
INVESTING IN OUR PEOPLE
- Highly skilled team
- Devolved structure
- Maintaining significant staff continuity
- Strong focus on recruitment, training and incentivisation
MAXIMISING OUR RETURN ON INVESTMENT
- Effective management and monitoring of fleet investment
- Optimisation of utilisation rates and returns
- Flexibility in local pricing structures
- Focus on higher-return equipment
- Appropriate incentive plans consistent with improved returns
Range of products and services
- General tools
- Air compressors and accessories
- Compaction and earth moving
- Climate control services
- Power and HVAC
- Pump solutions
- Remediation and restoration
- Bricks and mortar
- Our people
Technology to simplify
- RENTAL SOLUTIONSThe provision of cost-effective rental solutions to a diverse customer base.
- LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPSDeveloping long-term relationships with customers and suppliers.
- ENHANCING COMMUNITIESEnhancing the communities in which we operate, through employment, opportunity and community involvement.
- SUSTAINABLE RETURNSGenerating sustainable returns for shareholders through the cycle.
What we do is simple. How we do it is not.
At its most basic, our model is simple - we purchase an asset, we rent it to customers and generate a revenue stream each year we own it (on average, seven years). Then we sell it in the second hand market and receive a proportion of the original purchase price in disposal proceeds. We incur costs in providing this service, principally employee, property and transportation costs and fleet depreciation. However, this simple overview encompasses a significant number of moving parts and activities. Our ability to excel in these areas enables us to generate strong margins and deliver long-term, sustainable shareholder value, whilst managing the risks inherent in our business.